Friday, February 22, 2013

Second Call: FLASH FICTION CHALLENGE

Flash Fiction Challenge: THE WHITE VAN



I sit at a window every day here in La Jolla where I look out on the ocean. But I also see a street. On many of the days I have been here, a white van pulls up early in the morning to grab one of the few empty spots. The van contains an expensive bike, a motorbike, a surfboard, multiple coolers, and changes of clothes, a beach chair. And, of course, a man. A man who seems to nearly live in this van because he eats lunch in there, changes his clothes in there and so on. I He seems to have too many expensive things to be homeless, but he is sinister. I watch him enter and exit his van. Does he watch me at the window?

Don't regard any of these details relevant to your story necessarily.

CHALLENGE: Write a story about a man in a white van. What is his story? 1000 words and a finish date of March 13th. Let me know if you're in.

6 comments:

K. A. Laity said...

Heh. Do you know this is a thing in the UK?

Loren Eaton said...

InInInInInInIn

Yvette said...

I'll give it a try. I have commitment issue lately. :)

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

I just came across this, Patti. I'd like to give it a try, & have it ready by 3/13. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll post it on 3/13 at Women of Mystery.
Thanks for the prompting!

Unknown said...

I'll give it a shot. But must get income taxes done first. For all of us: Should story be titled "The White Van"?? Or is that up to our discretion? Second: what email do we address our efforts to. Sorry if I seem a little slow, but sometimes I am. Yours truly, Toe.

pattinase (abbott) said...

You can title it anything. It just has to be about a white van. Or feature a white van in it.
You can send it to me at aa2579@wayne.edu
Please have it to me by the 11th if possible. Thanks!