Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Life in the Theater: DANCING AT LUGHNASA




From the film, of course. If I have a particular weakness, it is for Irish plays and the reason why is that the characters in them tell stories. We saw this Brian Friel play probably in the early nineties at the Attic Theater, when it was briefly in Pontiac, Michigan. It was a lovely production, directed by Patricia Ansuini. Miss the Attic Theater but luckily its shining light, Lavinia Moyer still directs plays in the area.

6 comments:

Katherine Tomlinson said...

Did you see the movie? I occasionally see it available in Netflix but I've never seen it. I love Irish plays too. We did The Hostage in college and you never heard such an assortment of Irish accents...

Kieran Shea said...

Aw...I was in that one. Great play.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Yes, I did.
Kieran, what haven't you done?

Kieran Shea said...

Well, c'mon, Patti...we've covered this! For what it's worth...it was kind of a lame production. Hey, looks like we sold the OC house. Not to worry, getting another place, bit bigger for guests ;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Surfer, chef, actor, writer. And I bet you play an instrument.
Congrats on the sale. Has the real estate market recovered in southern N.J.?

Kieran Shea said...

um...for those of us in the FEMA high ground, yeah.