Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kevinisms


"Nana, you don't look like yourself today."
"What's different about me?"
"I think you're starting to look like Poppop"
(Oh great, I think.) "How do I look like Poppop?'
"Mostly at your feet."

"Nana, what did your son play with when he was four?'
"My son? You mean your Daddy."
"No, back when he was your son and not my Daddy. What did he play with then?"

"I don't know if you realize this, but I really do think I am an animal sometimes. I worry about it and I wish someone would check to see if I got animal batteries by mistake?

"Is there anything more beautiful than a cheetah. I know lots of people like leopards or tigers but a cheetah makes you want to pet him."

11 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad you're writing these things down. I wish I'd done the same. My kids said some hilarious, poignant, truthful, miraculous things, but most are lost to the sands of time because I didn't jot them down the moment they said them.

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darnedest things...

wait, someone else said that, didn't they?

Gerard said...

How old? I'll guess three.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Four. He was funnier at three but more profound at four.

Anonymous said...

*snork* at 'animal batteries'

Four is a great age. So is three, for that matter.

Jeff M.

Jerry House said...

Grandkids are the best!

Naomi Johnson said...

Kids are so wonderful. Exhausting but wonderful.

David Cranmer said...

Denise and I just enjoyed big chuckles over this post. He is such a clever young man. Keep posting these, Patti.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

I don't know; would it reassure Kevin or worry him more to know that he *is* an animal? (As are we all.)

Pretty great observations.

Dorte H said...

LOL

Three years: wonderful
Four years: wonderful

And once they get through the teenage years: wonderful again :)

Yvette said...

So smart of you to write down his words. He sounds like a boy who does a lot of thinking. Just wonderful.