Thursday, November 25, 2010

DAMN NEAR DEAD 2


I got the two copies of DND2 I bought at NOIRCON today and those wonderful people at Farley's Bookstore in New Hope, PA had them tied in a red ribbon!

I urge everyone to buy this book--and not because I have a story in it. But instead to honor the memory of David Thompson-to give him this final success. There are so many fine writers in this volume, you can't not own it.

And if you really want to do something nice, order it from Murder by the Book or Farley's Bookstore (www.farleysbookshop.com). You might save a dollar or two at Amazon but you will keep indies and chains open by buying it elsewhere.

What say we all buy at least one book from a brick and mortar bookstore this Christmas. And I'm not talking about Walmart, Costco or Target who will raise their prices as soon as the two big chains are gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti - How cool that you mention New Hope!! It's a wonderful town. I used o have a job there when I was in grad. school, and my husband managed a store there for a few years.

pattinase (abbott) said...

My husband grew up there and that's where we met. His father owned a luncheonette on Main Street near Bridge. I worked there too. Funny, isn't it?

Cullen Gallagher said...

Here's hoping mine comes today -- very much looking forward to reading it!