Friday, November 06, 2009

THE SUMMING UP, Friday, November 6, 2009


Don't forget, all nineteen months worth of titles are here. Just be prepared for an irregularity in the list. It goes back for a while and then forward. I only vaguely knew what I was doing when I set it up. And if I had had my wits about me would have included the links.

If you don't usually post a review, let me know when you do. I am always thrilled to have a new or occasional poster. Just shoot me an email with the link or whatever.

I wonder if we should do a week of kids' books in December? How about December 11th? Rather than strictly forgotten, how about your favorite book as a child under thirteen.

The Summing Up, Friday, November 6, 2009

Patti Abbott, Secret Demons: The Life of Shirley Jackson, Judy Oppenheimer
Paul Bishop, Blackstone's Fancy, Richard Falkirk
Lou Boxer, Black Friday, David Goodis
Paul Brazill, Confessions of a Black Dog, Jason Michel
Bill Crider, We All Killed Grandma, Fredric Brown
Loren Eaton, "Golden Trabant" (short story), R.A. Lafferty
Martin Edwards, Who Goes Hang, Stanley Hyland
Ray Foster, Wings Day, Sydney Smith
Ed Gorman, Danse Macabre, Stephen King
Randy Johnson, Have Gat, Will Travel, Richard S. Prather
Evan Lewis, Six Deadly Dames, Frederick Nebel
Brian Lindenmuth, Cruddy, Lynda Barry
Kent Morgan, Squeeze Play, Paul Benjamin
George Kelley, One Lonely Night, Mickey Spillane
B.V. Lawson, Murder at the Villa Rose, A.E.W. Mason
Todd Mason, Argyll: A Memoir, Theodore Sturgeon
Scott Parker, The Lone Ranger Forever, various authors
Eric Peterson,"Lucky Bastard" (story), Jason Starr, from Expletive Deleted (Jennifer Jordan)
Richard Robinson, Diamond Head, Charles Knief
L.J. Sellers, First Deadly Sin, Lawrence Sanders
Kieran Shea, Loot, Joe Orton
Kerrie Smith, Death for a Dancer, Doris Shannon
James Reasoner, King of the World's Edge, H. Warner Munn
R.T. Long in the Tooth, David Turrill

9 comments:

Laurie Powers said...

Next week! I PROMISE.

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks for making me welcome, Patti. In another week's time, it's just possible I'll be able to remember another book.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Anytime, both of you!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Evan, though most of the reviews are of mystery fiction, some of us do SF, fantasy, WESTERNS, all kinda stuff.

YA Sleuth said...

I'm game for the kids' books thing in December. Would be nice to revisit some favorites from that time.

Iren said...

thank you for indulging my short story month activities. I hope to have a full book of short stories for next week.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great, Fleur. You're on my list.

Todd Mason said...

"Golden Trabant" (a short story) for Loren Eaton, Patti. I get to rhapsodize briefly about Lafferty on Eaton's blog.

Richard Robinson said...

Kids book sounds good. I just have to calendar it so I don't do an adult book.