I have been tagged by Peter Rozovsky at Detectives Beyond Borders with the following meme:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
My answers:1) The book is Sleeping Dogs by Ed Gorman
2) I have just opened it to page 123.
3) I have counted off the first five sentences, which got me to:
4) "Gabe, in his graying ponytail and granny glasses sat at his desk with his feet up reading the Rolling Stone Reader. At least, he wasn't doing any online gambling at the moment, The great Marist who fell for the worse sucker game of all, gambling.
(I think this is a nice little hint on what the book is about).
5 I tag, with apologies, Christa Miller, Graham Powell, Clair Dickson, Steve Allen and Aldo Calgagno.