Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New York, New York

Off to New York to 1) see our darling daughter and her husband 2) attend Backspace Agent Conference 3) find a museum we've never been to 4) go to the Statue of Liberty with my brother and his wife who've never been there 4) go to a cute town upstate (Cold Spring?) 5) see a few plays 6) try to write story about Australia for crimespace contest 7) go to the Strand Bookstore 8) see the Jeremy Blake exhibit at the Feigen gallery 9) have lunch with two special friends 10) have two dinners with a few more special friends.
My husband will look at the Jack Kerouac papers at the NYPL for a book on writers on the road.

Anyone have something else that's fun? Any restaurants? Anyone free for lunch?

9 comments:

Steven said...

I've never been to the statue of liberty either. I thought it got closed down after 9/11.

Have you been to the Museo del Barrio? Or the Frick Collection? Or the JP Morgan Library? Or the Tenement Museum? Or The TV and Radio Museum?

Sandra Ruttan said...

I've never been to New York, so I'm not help. I was going to go just before NoirCon, but now, I'm not so sure. Have a wonderful time!

Graham Powell said...

I was just in New York and had a fabulous dinner at Angelo's on Mulberry street ("Since 1908!"). I wish I could have a real trip to New York some day instead of a few hours here or there in between working.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Steven. I'm dying to see the Tenement Museum. That's tops on the list. Never saw TV and Radio either.
I think we've covered all the art museums so these are great ideas. We went to Museo del Bario last March and saw a terrific play there about Vietnam. Really a nice museum.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Angelo's. Perfect. New York is plenty fun. I thought we might move there after retirement till we had a grandchild. Now I couldn't leave him.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Patti,

I'll be at Backspace. Will look for you there.

Terrie (born, raised and still lives in NYC)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Terrie. Glad for a friendly face. I may be the one limping if my sprained ankle isn't gone by then.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Have fun at Backspace. Wish I could make it.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Stepehn-I will take copious notes and share any info I pick up.