Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, Josh.

My son is 37 today. He was a delightful child and is a fine young man. I have never gone to bed ashamed of him or hurt by something he said. He always asks about my life, what I think about things, and he seems to care. To my knowledge, he has never been mean or cruel to other people. He is a fine son, a good husband, and this year, a terrific father. He studied hard in school and works dilegently as a prosecutor, seeing some of the worst crimes you can imagine.
Josh likes to read, listen to music, play tennis, play softball, watch sports on TV, go to movies, garden. He knows more about baseball statistics than anyone I know. He can remember the details of every Detroit Tiger game he's ever been to and that must exceed 200. He votes for Democrats. He supports the Michigan Wolverines.
I feel very lucky to have such a son. Happy Birthday, Josh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. You are fortunate to have such a son, and he is fortunate to have a mom who can actually see all of his fine qualities. I don't get choked up often, but this...