Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Megan Abbott's Film Noir Night in Detroit

Or in Grosse Pointe really. Wish I could figure out how to attach the snazzy flyer I made, but nooooo.
Megan will give a talk on film noir with special reference to Double Indemnity, Gun Crazy and Murder My Sweet at the Grosse Pointe Woods branch of the GP Library on November 28th at 7:30 following three weeks of showing these films. Please come if you live in the area and didn't hear this talk at the Birmingham Library last year.
I had thought we could just let this event flow over us but at the library last night, the very nice woman who arranged this said, "Oh, I hope we get a nice crowd." So now I feel obliged to twist arms. That's what I get for showing up at the library four nights in a row. Gotta stop putting books on reserve, but I did get some good ones.
Come. Please.

3 comments:

Stephen Blackmoore said...

See, this is the problem with blogs. I keep finding out about really cool things that I want to do that are in cities a thousand miles away.

Hope you get a good crowd there.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Now don't let great distances put you off. We can put people up for the night. I'm only kidding but I grew up on pleasing authority figures like librarians. Feel like I must beat the bushes.

Anonymous said...

Bet your ass I'll be there.