Monday, September 04, 2006

Approaching The Fifth Anniversary

It occurred to me flying back home yesterday, we’ve got to get over the idea that Sept. 11th was an earth-stopping tragedy or we will never move forward but instead continue to wreak havoc in at home and abroad. Almost every nation in the world has suffered such things. Even Katrina wreaked more havoc for Americans in the long run. Unless we can put this behind us, we will continue down the path of destruction.Yes, it was a terrible, horrible thing but must we let it set our agenda forever.We are not exceptional except in our sense of entitlement.

It also occurred to me that these airlines are getting away with murder. Charging $2 for a bag of crap they used to give away. I'm 5'2" and can barely get my knees in front of me. What do the six footers do?

The Kerrytown Book Festival is this Sunday. I hope to go. Want to hear Mitch Bartoy and other notables. I pray the Free Press reviews Mitch this time out. Speaking of which, where has their book reviewer gone? They are using canned reviews of late.

Oh, the Detroit Tigers. Must they always break our hearts.

No comments: